Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Exploring Deauville Part 1

USA | Friday, 17 June 2016 | Views [314] | Comments [1]

We have never spent much time here and I didn't realize how large and developed a city it is. Of course before fast cars and trains, Parisians flocked here during summer months for their holidays. Judging by the fancy homes, crowded designer shops and apartment buildings it is still in favor with many. It is difficult to find a parking space at the local supermarket and it isn't even high season.

I find the architecture very interesting. Because of the location, right on the channel, the winters must be brutal. We've experienced the wind and a few times I felt like Mary Poppins. At the port in the center of town, a big sailboat race to England is getting ready to launch at the end of the week. The Festival is called “Into the Wind”. Booths are set up displaying all sorts of things nautical from “must have” clothing to racing equipment. One booth was even giving surfing lessons and another was offering samples of Normandy milk to make you strong! (The beer, hard cider, Calvados, and fresh oysters were for sale.) Remember that by clicking on the right side of the blog you can see more photos.

Comments

1

hey kim--i've heard yr french improve vastly over the years...and now yr writing style is improving too. chapeaux! oysters & calvados...un de mes reves d'antan! bisous.

  stefano Jun 18, 2016 6:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.