Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Itacaré!!!

BRAZIL | Friday, 24 April 2009 | Views [806]

We´d booked a taxi to the port, well not quite a taxi, but a local guy with a wheelbarrow to take the bags.  I was in the company of Ron, and now Eyal and Yaron from Israel. The girls who we had rrived with have now gone their separate ways.

It was a swift speed boat ride from Morro De São Paulo to Valencia located on the mainland. From here a minibus took us southwards to Itacare.  The roads soon turned to muddy dirt tracks as we drive through the jungle (Not too dissimilar to Asia)

Once at Itacare, checked into the Hostel International. (After the driver took us to another Pousada....probably his brother´s)

Itacaré is famous for it´s beautiful beaches, tropical forest, rivers, waterfalls, good waves for surfing, capoeira, and laid back life style. 
Later headed to a few bars, including a beach bar where many locals were dancing Forro(pronounced Foho)..Baraka Bar in the main street had a great band playing and the place was packed. I think I´m going to like this place!!!

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.