Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Don´t Cry for me Argentina...How original

ARGENTINA | Monday, 9 March 2009 | Views [601]

Plaze de Congresso

Plaze de Congresso

Had another wander around Palermo Viejo where we were staying. This area is renowned for it's restaurants and boutiques, and it's lively nightlife which I'd sampled a few nights earlier.

There are many old buildings here which made it a nice little stroll.

Spent the rest of day wandering the sights of Buenos Aries including,

Jardin Japones  - Nice

Walked alongside the widest one way street in the world (16 lanes) to Recoleta, and to one of Buenos Aries prime tourist attractions, Cementerio De La Reoleta. Here generations of Argentina's elite are laid to rest. There are many opulant crypts and statues. The more wealthy the more opulant. Many had glass doors and you could see the coffins inside. Some were very impressive, and some looked like entrances to nightclubs with their sparkly black marble. One even looked like an entrance to a 24Hr ATM lobby with its smoked brown glass door! I'm so going to hell for mocking the dead!

Saw the grave of the Peron family and of course Eva Peron (Evita), it wasn't difficult to realise as all the tourists were there armed with their cameras.

As I hadn't been to a cinema since leaving home Clare and I watched a movie in the neighbouring multiplex next door to the cemetary. An interesting contrast!  

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.