Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Torres del Paine. day 2

CHILE | Monday, 2 March 2009 | Views [525]

Another late start.. . Must be something I ate!.....I'm thinking the dried milk I bought was formula!!!  Didn't taste too bad actually.

Unlike the day before where I could leave my tent and equipment at the site, the next leg of the trail meant taking my stuff with me.  It was a great walk, made only longer by me having to make several dashes into the trees. To be honest.....I've felt better!

I'd been walking for about two hours when I met Jaime and Carol (from Pucon and Bariloche). Spent a while with them having lunch by a mountain river. . . Perfect setting.

Walked up the Valley Frances. . the middle section of the 'W' trial.  A challenging all uphill trial over boulders and through streams. The view from the top was amazing. The 360 degree panarama offered spectacular views down the valley to the lake, whilst the other way was a great view of Mt Los Cuernos and . . . would you believe it. . .  another glacier.     

Back tracked down the hill, picked up my gear and hiked for another 2 1/2 hours to the next camp. It was getting late and the daylight was running out.  Luckily I made it the campsite with a few minutes to get my tent. That night the temperature dropped to zero.  Luckily I had a decent sleeping bag but even still, it was freezing! 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.