Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Taupo

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 7 February 2009 | Views [455]

A beautiful sunny and hot day so a few of us went upto the Huka Falls and Thermal Springs just outside the town.  A really nice riverside walk the water in the river was so clear and blue you could see the beautiful rock formations below.  The thermal springs were so hot I couldnt even put my foot in them.  Fortunately the spring waters flowed into the river where it was cooled down a far bit allowing us to just relax in the water.

Walked up a bit further along side the river until we came to the Huka falls, here the clear blue waters dropped down several metres into the waters below.

Later went to the Craters of the moon, which actually do look like craters, but are infact thermal vents ousing steam and sulphur.

Later had a big night out in Taupo with several people from the hostal, inc Hidde who I met in a hostel in the arse end of nowhere in the South Island and Mileen from the hostel Kiakora.  Small world eh....

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.