Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Singapore – Bali (supposedly)…Damn it!!!!

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 27 December 2008 | Views [588]

Got up at a reasonable time to pop into the centre and get some more contact lenses……I think this turned out to be a costly and timely mistake.  Not sure how, but I lost track of time and ended rushing to get to Johor Airport in Malaysia to catch my 13:30 flight to Bali.  I didn’t realise it would take so long, and being holiday season the bridge/immigrations across the Causeway to Malaysia was rammed.

Finally got to the check-in at Johor but my flight had just gone.   I wasn’t particularly happy at this point, and made worse by the fact that the next flight was in three days time!!!

However, there was a flight from Kuala Lumpur the next morning, so I booked myself a ticket on that.   In order to get to KL I had to get a six hour bus ride.  This turned to be more that six hours as I missed my stop in KL…….to be honest I thought we would be stopping at a bus station rather than the busy street in China Town.  By the time I realised that was the only stop in KL ,the bus was hurtling Northbound up the motorway.  I was dropped off at a bus station some 30 mins out of KL, where I then took train back to KL….not too happy at this point!!

I checked into a hostel in China Town just round the corner from where the bus had originally stopped!

Just to finish off my day, I went to have a look at the illuminated Petronas Towers, but the time I got there, they had turned the lights off.

 

 

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.