Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Singapore

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 24 December 2008 | Views [405]

A rainy but festive Christmas eve in Orchard Road

A rainy but festive Christmas eve in Orchard Road

Felt pretty bad from the night before, but caught up with Simon and Cindy later in the afternoon in Orchard Street (One of the main shopping districts).  The place was heaving with shoppers......and it was raining.  I had a few bits and pieces to get in preparation for Christmas day, (which I got in M&S..........good ol’ Marks & Spencers......can’t go wrong) however I was relieved to get away from the all the hustle and bustle.....I just haven't been in such close proximity with this volume of people for so long it was doing my head in.

Caught up with a few people in the evening in a bar just round the corner from my hostel.  Saw Christmas day in and the subsequent hours.  Ended up being a late one.

Memorable Points:  The shops are great (if you like that sort of thing.   Very festive, but also very hot and wet.  Seeing in Christmas Day in.

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.