Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Sen Monorom - Three on a bike....not a good idea

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 9 December 2008 | Views [614]

Managed to persuade some locals to lend us their mopeds for the day in order for us to explore the area.  Another waterfall! (Bou Sraa) – a 35 meter double drop into the jungle below.  On the ride back we hooked up with Shaun (an Irish backpacker who had broken down).  Got some beers and rode up to the hilltop overlooking the town to watch the sunset.

Later in town, we bumped into Nick and Becky (A couple I’d met on the bus from Pakse to the Four Thousand Islands, Laos.  Tim and I had a moped each, so we gave everyone a lift, Tim and Becky on one bike, and me, Barbara-Jean and Nick on the other.  It was unfortunate that I hit a small bump whilst going up a steep incline in the centre of town.  As soon as the front wheel hit the bump, the whole bike tipped up sending the three of us into heap behind.  No-one was hurt, but for me very embarrassing....it was made even worse that a whole bunch of locals had seen it all happen, including the owner.   He came over, and I informed I had now finished with the bike and paid him the $8 I owed him.  So with the remnants of the back of his bike in my pocket I made a swift exit!!!

Memorable Points

The Waterfall

Sharing rice spirit with the locals (yet again)

Crashing the moped

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.