Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Goodbye bikes...Hello Cambodia! - Pakse - Stung Treng

LAOS | Monday, 1 December 2008 | Views [1238]

Said farewell to the bikes....gonna miss you guys!  Our freedom on two wheels had finally come to an end (for now)

 

We were due to part ways with Lisa today, but she decided that it would be more fun to join us in Cambodia. 

 

We had missed the early long haul bus to Phenm Penh, Cambodia as we had to return the bikes, so rather than wait until the next morning we caught a bus with the locals.  Usually story, crammed in tight and picking up random people along the way.

 

After a long ride South, we’d made it to the border which they had kept open especially for us.  (Very nice of them I thought).  After crossing the border we had the usual problem of getting transport at a good price.  Getting pretty sick of it to be honest!   The driver (the only driver) wanted $60 to take us Stung Treng, the nearest main town.  It was late, dark, and we were in the middle of nowhere (again).  The border was now closed and it was unlikely that there was going to be any more buses/cars heading south.  So after much negotiating we’d agreed a price for the driver to take the three of us to our destination for us to get our transfer the next morning. 

 

Rather than head straight to Phenm Penh we had decided that we’d see some of the more remote parts of Cambodia in the North-East., and Stung Treng was the transfer town.

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.