Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Laung Prabang - Montezuma Takes Revenge

LAOS | Friday, 14 November 2008 | Views [706]

I had a leisurely day looking around the town of Luang Prabang.  I met up with Pau, who Andy’s Peck’s (friend from Hove) Mother helped in the funding of his house a few years back.  Pau had been a monk for 13 years, but had to give it up to look after his mother.  He showed me around where he lived and the monastery where he used to be a monk.  Very interesting and I appreciated him taking the time out to show me around.

In the afternoon spent a good few hours in a café people watching and reading my book.  A nice way to kill a few hours.

It was Aussie Tim’s birthday today, so we celebrated his birthday in the Lau Lau Gardens,  complete with farmer’s hats purchased the day before, and a cake brought from the local bakery.  It was a great evening, but unfortunately for me, the prawn fried rice I had earlier that day didn’t go down well  and I had to cut the evening short and make a hasty retreat back to the guest house.

I was up all night…..it was bad!!!!

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.