Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Beijing – Guilin

CHINA | Tuesday, 28 October 2008 | Views [391]

Up early to catch an early flight to Guilin. Once at Guilin airport, got the bus to the centre, checked into a hotel, dumped my stuff and went exploring. The park called “elephant trunk park” (see photo). It was extremely hot and humid but the park was worth visit.

Spent the rest of the day in Guilin which is a busy city but nowhere near as busy as Beijing. It had a good feel about it and I welcomed the change. Met a Chinese guy as I looked at my map, we got chatting, and he gave advice on where to eat. I asked him to join me and he later to took me his brothers tea shop where they had a little tea ceremony. As a thank you I brought a little of the local tea. Although as write this I do fancy a mug of PG and hobnob!!!

Memorable Points: I’m now getting tired now of being offered a “Massage” when walking back to my accommodation of nighttime........why do people here have massages so late? :-)

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.