Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Beijing Sightseeing

CHINA | Sunday, 26 October 2008 | Views [510]

Clare had to go home today. I joined her and the rest of the group on the coach to airport in the early hours. I think we both knew it would be difficult saying goodbye given all the things we have experienced in the last few days, and knowing that we wouldn't see each other for some time. After an emotional farewell returned to hotel, felt somewhat alone. Something I never felt as I’ve surrounded myself with friends and loved ones. It's something I'll have to get used to. Spent the rest of the morning with those remaining members of the group at the Summer Palace on the outskirts of Beijing. Very beatiful area and again, a mecca for the Chinsese tourists. The rest of the group caught their train to Xi'an and then I was really on my own. Spent the rest of the afternoon having a wandering before heading to Hoi Han; a lively bar area in Beijing. Felt strange being alone, but a made a few calls home and got something to eat. I was later drawn into a bar where a band where playing led by two Chinese girls on lead guitars. At this point met some Canadians and some Australians so things didn’t turn out too bad.

Memorable Points: Said goodbye to Clare :-(

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.