Existing Member?

Live your dreams

Thoughts

GHANA | Thursday, 29 August 2013 | Views [327]

29th August, 2013.   23:12

Cape Coast
 
Im undecided, I think Im ready for my next stop. Its a fairly lonely feeling watching people come and go. My room mate Leisa left today, she is so lovely I really enjoyed living with her. Every day after work I'd come home and yabber on for at least an hour talking about all the funny and stupid things that had happened that day. She really felt like another sister and it made me feel less home sick, but now I know that I need my alone time to reflect on completing this journey with satisfaction and entering a new experience with a ready mind.
We promised each other that we would catch up in February for her birthday, she will come down to Melbourne and we will go on some road trips :) We both said we are really looking forward to an Australian Summer. Sounds like Heaven.
 
Another volunteer who is not from Projects Abroad is also leaving tomorrow. Hername is Jenny and shes very sweet, without her I dont think I would have done no way near as much as I have with the kids at New Life Orphanage. Shes been very helpful and encouraging, I think we have worked well as a pair. Shes a teacher back at home in the UK, i think it takes a lot to be a teacher. Ive found myself enjoying the company of more of the older crowd, i feel like i can learn more from people who have lived longer than me.
 
I feel like two months was just right. Not too short, nor too long. Ive had enough time to make wonderful friends and learn as much as I can within this space of time. But now, I am feeling tired. I havent taken a day off work, with the exception of two mondays beause of travelling. Ive applied myself as much as I can and everyday has been a wonderful memory. But im ready to take a new step, start something fresh.
 
 
Im missing dads birthday, and that really does sadden me. Lo siento dad. I bought you a gift the other day, and Im sure you will like it. I hope to meet you in Spain, we can continue to travel together. Pick up where we left off in Fiji!

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.