Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

Xi'an is on Fire!

CHINA | Thursday, 6 October 2011 | Views [591]

Once again I find myself in Xi'an the Paris of South East Asia, the city of Love. None of those are official titles but they are just titles we have applied to Xi'an over the years. As Jaymie said last night "I have a card that says I am an expert. So what I say goes!" I have the same card, so kneel Xi'an, I dub thee "Paris of South east Asia, the city of Love." You may rise and kiss me on both cheeks if you find it appropriate. So I came to Xi'an with Jaymie his wife Priscilla (who for now on will be J and P, I hate typing out the whole name), Jason, Tomo a Japanese teacher, and Maribele a Chinese student of J and P. They are all out right now seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors, which are cool but I have already seen and they are a little expensive to go see, so I took  personal day and just wandered the city. I discovered the Subway station here and I thought I would try to use it to get back to my hostel. So after about an hour of taking trains in the wrong direction or 4 stations too far, I finally reached the station I needed. Lucky for me I have a Chinese guy on speed dial so I can call him up for quick translations. I went to the bus station to get tickets and the sea of humanity that had engulfed that station was just ridiculous. The amount of people they fit into one little tiny square just amazes me. Now I know why i like the city I live in, way to many people, too much traffic, too much noise, and way to much air pollution. We got in yesterday and immediately did the important things, like eat subway and pizza hut and then went shopping for important things like sunglasses. Than last night I went for a stroll on the city wall, all in all I am pretty sure I have walked around 12 miles in less than 2 days. My dogs are barking!!

Tonight we are going to do some more walking and go to the Big Goose Pagoda and see the light and fountain show display. Plus there is a Baskin Robbins next to the Pagoda, so I will be getting my ice cream on tonight. I am going to post a few pictures and then hopefully tomorrow or the next day I will have some more pictures for you. Also I am in the process of making another Joshua Patterson production film, so be on the look out for that. I know this is a short post but I got to go eat some Burger King!

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.