Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

The beginning

USA | Tuesday, 18 August 2009 | Views [701] | Comments [4]

Got started a little late this morning, because nobody was sure when we were going to the airport. We did however make it to the airport in plenty of time. After some minor difficulties at the ticket counter, including a $150 charge for an overweight bag and an overweight traveler, I was on my way. Is anyone else just really angry that after you have to strip and go through the metal detector and remove all the items from your bag there is not a place for getting your stuff back together. No sir you got five seconds get those shoes back on and put all your stuff back in your bag and get out the way people are waiting. After a completely uneventful flight to Washington, I am waiting in the terminal for my flight to Beijing. I have four hours to kill and the potbellys across from me is starting to smell good. Hopefully in future entries I will have pictures you can look at, but they do not like it when you take pictures in the airport.

Tags: day 1

Comments

1

Airport security is SO unforgiving. And so are the other passengers. I never understood that. If you all have the same plight, why do you not also have the same empathy?

  cross Aug 19, 2009 12:47 AM

2

So very proud of you Pizzle! Hope the second flight was uneventful and can't wait to read your next posts! Enjoy every second my boy!

  kelly Aug 19, 2009 3:46 AM

3

Tell me you didnt poop on the 16 hour flight to budapest or wherever you are going.

ps. this site is awesome. not only did it take me 9 hours to figure out where you were, but not i have signed up for health insurance if i ever visit bangladesh.

pss- i heard you cant get on facebook or sportsline. does the football sites work ok?

see ya doughboy. parpp

  dan j Aug 21, 2009 7:03 AM

4

150 dollars for twelve pounds over....that burns me! and I just found out that I paid for it...But on a happier note... your car runs great and the AC cranks.The front end has a little shimmy at 90 mph but it smooths out around 105 ...

  Craig Aug 21, 2009 8:48 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.