Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

No title

CHINA | Wednesday, 2 December 2009 | Views [465] | Comments [6]

I have no funny or witty title, because I don't feel funny or witty at all. I just recieved an email from my mom telling me that my good friend, Rodney Albaugh died today. He had gone in last week to have a tumor removed from his brain. The last time I talked to him was a quick hello over skype to him and his wife while they were in the hospital. That was it that was all I could offer, becasue like an idiot I am half a world away when my friend dies. I am sitting alone in Lily's office crying and trying to write a story because that is all I can do. I can't stop feeling helpless, not feeling that if I was there I would have magically saved him, but the feeling that I can't be there to support his wife and children. I know from my mom that a lot of people had been pitching in to help when he was in the hospital and part of me wishes that I could have helped to. But I can't I'm here and everybody that matters to me is there. So the best I can do is write a story so people will remember him and know how I remember him.

I don't have an amusing anecdote or story, I just have my feelings and my impressions. Rodney always made me feel comfortable, like nothing I did would matter he would always accept me. He encouraged me, maybe not always with words but with his actions. He set example that made you want to follow him. I know he had his faults, we all do, but something he once said has always stuck with me, "Don't let your faults define who you are." I remember that everyday when I make mistakes or screw up that it happens and I should move on. Rodney was a good friend and teacher, I will miss him dearly. This world is a darker place without him in it. The impact Rodney has made in the lives of others will spread out like ripples in a pond. We will never know how far it reaches and how many people he touched. What I do know is I was one of them and I will do my best to share what he gave me with others. So that his memory will live on through me. My thoughts and prayers are with Christian, Isaiah, Elisha, Levi and Hannah. I wish I could be there to give you guys a big hug, my mom will have to do it for me. I love you guys!

Comments

1

i wish yuo could be here also, just to give us all a big squisshy bear hug.

  gail Dec 2, 2009 1:24 PM

2

We are praying with and for the Albaughs. My brother in law was one of Rodney's roommates. Rodney was a great Jesus loving guy and he will not be forgotten. Ohio, North Carolina and beyond are mourning tonight! God bless!

  Chris and Suzanne Stewart Dec 2, 2009 1:56 PM

3

We miss you Josh..and we will always remember Pastor Rodney..Christ life Church will never be the same..I can't believe he's gone...

  Craig Dec 2, 2009 8:15 PM

4

Josh, we love you too and we are thinking of all who will miss Rodney, especially his wife and children.

  Betty & Clarence Dec 3, 2009 2:37 AM

5

Hey Josh. Very kind and loving words. You are a stellar guy. I still can't believe this has happened. Hard to understand.

  Tyler Dec 3, 2009 4:41 AM

6

I can't believe he is gone either. I was working out with your brother when Doug walked in with the news. Just shocking. Thankfully we will see him again.


1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (The Message)
And regarding the question, friends, that has come up about what happens to those already dead and buried, we don't want you in the dark any longer. First off, you must not carry on over them like people who have nothing to look forward to, as if the grave were the last word. Since Jesus died and broke loose from the grave, God will most certainly bring back to life those who died in Jesus.

  Jim Dec 3, 2009 5:51 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.