Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

Has anyone seen my blanket?

CHINA | Tuesday, 27 October 2009 | Views [705] | Comments [2]

Well seeing as how I am bored out of my mind right now I am sitting in Lily and Jasmine's(the former Mrs. Young, she wanted a new name) office just killing some time. I really don't want to go back home and take SimSim for a walk. For those of you that asked yes SimSim is still alive and yes he does drag me up and down the stairs to go to the bathroom. However the other day I decided that i would rather clean up dog poop off the florr than go back down the stairs one more time. It was like 10:00 at night and I knew that SimSim probably needed to go out one more time but I was tired and I said heck with it. Some of you are probably thinking, gross he let the dog poop on his floor. Wrong I let the dog poop on Finn's floor. Finn left me the key to his place so when I need some space from SimSim or he starts whining I put him in Finn's apartment. Plus it keeps my apartment from smelling like dog all the time. So now the question becomes do I clean up the poop before Finn comes home or just leave and try to lie my way out of it...hmmm...that is a tough one. I'm not even sure if Finn would notice since his apartment is a mess at this point, I found like four day old rotting noodles in his trash can the first day I was there. I was also thinking I could just have the cleaning lady come by on Friday and clean Finn's apartment for me so I wouldn't have to worry about it, that would be the best use of 30 quai, but it would probably be 45 since it would definitely take her 3 hours instead of 2. I was also able to sucker one of my students into taking SimSim down for a walk the other day, and a few more of my students are eager to take him for a walk as well. So I am keeping all the options on the table at this point. I tried to find a doggy parachute but had no luck with that. He was definitely to big to hold out of the window, trust me I tried, it looked kind of like Michael Jackson holding his baby over the balcony. Except it was me wrestling a 60 pound dog with flailing paws and a horse whip like tail in every direction. It didn't end well.

Well the days have turned colder in Shiyan and I am still without a blanket. My blanket, which Lily helped me order off of the internet, was shipped from Shanghai to Wuhan and then back to Shanghai, which was the wrong direction. So Lily just checked and it was supposedly dropped off at her parents home yesterday. So she called her mom and her mom hasn't seen it. Nobody knows where it is, so if you see a blanket with my name on it lying around be sure to pick it up and send it to me. It can get quite chilly at night with nothing but a sheet. Of course I have other blankets from my other bed, but SimSim decided that was his bed and he rolled around on for like 3 hours one day. So now all the blankets stink of dog, and I am not putting them on my nice new clean good smelling bed. SO luckily for me I have an extra layer of blubber to keep me warm at night.

On Sunday just as was starting to feel a whole lot better, I got invited to meet Lily and her cousins at KTV to sing some songs. What really stinks about KTV is they don't have any good Bon Jovi songs. But I made do with Careless Whisper and I sang AMerican Pie as well. However the American Pie was a Chinese version that wasn't exactly right. My fovorite part of the KTV night was watching a Chinese music video. So in this video this CHick is doing the typical chick thing with her two male roommates. She is playing one off against the other one, cozying up to both of them at different points in the song, and trying to make the other one jealous. SHe thinks she is doing a great job and decides that one afternoon they should play spin the bottle. Not American spin the bottle where you kiss, but Chinese spin the bottle that is basically just a stripping game. When the bottle hits you, you have to take off an article of clothing. So the dudes are down to their BVDs and she is checking them out and thinking oh yeah, then the two dudes look at each other and lean in to kiss each other, and boom goes the dynamite. The chick realizes whoops, I have was being a stupid chick and didn't realize these dudes didn't like chicks, so she gets pissed and storms off. So apparently this song which is definitely a sappy sad love song, is based on the real life experience of the singer, which makes me giggle even more. Does it make me a bad person that I laugh when an evil, back stabbing game playing chick gets her comuppance, probably, but I don't care. Women!

Thats all I got today. Hope everybody is well. Dude the Yankees, dude.

Comments

1

don't want to here about the Y's. i hope they will get beat. wash the other blankets and use them. It would be quiker to to go to the place and pick up the blanket.

  gail Oct 28, 2009 8:31 AM

2

cuddle (or snuggle) with the dog.

  Dan P Oct 29, 2009 1:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.