Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

Just call Me Pacman.

CHINA | Friday, 11 September 2009 | Views [714] | Comments [2]

First off i am not talking about Pacman the video game. I am talking about the Pacman we all know and love, real name Adam Jones. For those of you who don't remember let me give you a little refresher. Pacman was the starting cornerback for the Tennessee Titans a few years ago. He decided he was going to go to Vegas and watch the NBA all-star game. Well one night he went to a strip club with a trash bag full of hundreds. You see Pacman being the intelligent man that he was enjoyed taking all the hundreds out and throwing them up in the air at a stripper while she was on stage. He apparently enjoyed "the visual display" it created, and he referred to this technique-which he had apparently perfected at another strip club- as making it rain. So while he was making it rain, one of the strippers decided she would move some of the money off the stage so the other stripper didn't slip on it. Pacman did not like this, Pacman mad, so like any sane adult Pacman decided he should grab the stripper by the hair and slam her head into the stage a few times, which he promptly did. Now in any other place in American this would be a bad idea to slam a girl's head into a hard wooden stage, but at strip clubs it is even worse idea especially at this one. By all the accounts I read and heard at the time of the incident this club employed two bouncers that would make Marcellus Wallace proud (Pulp fiction reference). So they promptly grabbed Pacman and tossed him out onto the street, after they had to pound one of Pacman's body guards for trying to stop them. So continuing on with Pacman's journey of great decisions, one of his bodyguards-the non-injured one cause the other was at the hospital- returned to the club and shot one of the bouncers in the back paralyzing him for life. Of course Pacman told the police he had no idea his bodyguard had gone back with a gun and shot the bouncer. Oh did I forgot to add that the shooting took place like 10 minutes after he got thrown out. So while Pacman was conveniently at the hospital checking in his bodyguard, the other made it across town to his hotel room and back, where Pacman said the gun was at, in 10 minutes and shot the bouncer. I actually heard an interview 2 days after the incident with the owner of the club on the radio. He told the host that a person in Pacman's entourage had visited the day after the incident and offered him some cash and warned him to keep it quiet cause Pacman was famous. Isn't sad that people who play a game for a living are famous and feel like they can get away with murder, oh wait O.J. did nevermind. So if you watch the video clip attached to this story or if you already have you have seen me having a Pacman moment, and no I don't beat up a stripper or have my bodyguard shot a man. Now that I think about it though I could hire a bodyguard for real cheap I bet...

So yes I finally got paid, I actually got paid a lot sooner than I was supposed to. I thought that I wasn't getting paid for September till the first week of October, actually they pay you for the month at the beginning of the month what a bunch of suckers. So I got up this morning all happy and excited and made my way over to the financial office. Of course I was thinking I would just show up and they'd be like oh its Josh the American teacher here is your money. Instead nobody spoke English and they all just stared at me. Ok no problem I will just call Lily and get this taken care of, well her phone was busy. Ok I'm still fine I'll just text Luke and Finn and see if they can help me, Oh wait they are both in class. So I tried Lily one more time and success she answered. What's that Lily, nobody knew they had to arrange for the checks to pay the foreign teachers so we can't get paid till next Tuesday, that's cool I got 12 quai to my name. OK so I got shot down no problem I'll just have to get some money out of the ATM to tied me over. Now before you ask yes you can get money from America in China out of an ATM. I have witnessed Luke and Finn doing it, all you need to do is inform your bank so they make a note of it in your file, which I did. Apparently they threw the note away cause all I got was a message saying I was not authorized to access this account. So shut down and dejected I walked back to Luke's apartment where I was meeting him, Finn and John for lunch plans. Boy was I surprised when Luke and Finn both pulled a wad of cash out of their pockets. Yeah they had gone in the morning and had no trouble getting paid, while I was told i had to wait till Tuesday. I was a little mad but this is China this is how they do things you can either get mad or just be patient. I chose patience and it payed off, because about 3 hours later Lily called me and told me to meet her at the financial office so I could get paid, and Daddy got paid. He got paid with a fat stack of C-notes no less. Let me tell you nothing makes you feel better than walking around with a fat stack of cash in your pocket. Even knowing that in American its pretty much worthless but in China you are a big baller, kinda. I also discovered that I get a travel stipend from the school for October Holiday, which is quickly approaching. Now if i can only get a few certain people to decide what they want to do on that holiday maybe I can figure out what to do with my cash. I few bad this is kind of a short one today and half of it is a story about someone else. Oh well I gotta go to bed early my cleaning lady is coming in the morning.

Comments

1

You are ridiculous. <3

  godohell Sep 12, 2009 3:00 AM

2

well you made it rain there how about making it rain at home were we need it. although lowe's did make it rain in your account on the 11, just to let you know, bills paid for another month.

  gail Sep 12, 2009 5:44 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.