Existing Member?

John's Adventures

City Circle

USA | Monday, 9 January 2017 | Views [274]

Monday is laundry day. We got up around 6:15 and Joe and I had coffee. Kevin has to work today so he ate, dressed and was out the door around 7:00. Joe and I took our showers so we could was the towels. We did 4 loads of laundry and then headed out to do something more fun.

Joe suggested we ride the City Circle Tram. They are old trams that go in a circle, they go both ways, around the central Business District. It takes a little over and hour to go around the way we went. We got on at Flinders Street Station and rode it to the end. We stayed on the tram so we could ride it around and end up where we had gotten on. We were going to do it again, because we only had seats for about half the ride and couldn’t hear the narrative. However, the locals use it for getting around and it is very crowded and once it fills up, it is not so pleasant to ride, so we quit about a block from Flinders Street.

We are going to make burgers for dinner tonight. Corrections, Joe is going to make burgers tonight. Kevin and I are going to eat them. Joe and I walked around a bit looking for a bakery that had the perfect hamburger bun. We stopped in a couple, they had very tempting sweets, but didn’t find what we were looking form. Joe said that we would just pick something up at Coles, their grocery store.

Out walk took us through some ‘between streets areas’. That’s what I call them. They are narrow walking streets that have little restaurants and a few stores. They looked very inviting and we were tempted to stop and sample some wares. But, we were being good boys and decided to wait for dinner.
One door away from Coles was a liquor store called ‘Liquorland’. I stopped in and asked if they carried the 150 Lashes beer. I was very happy when the clerk said YES!!!!. I bought a six pack (23.00 AU, about 17.00 US). At the end of the block and right before Flinders Street Station, Joe spotted a donut shop. We stopped and got something for each of us for dessert. A treat for all.

We walked home and rested until Kevin arrived, around 5:30. Joe started dinner and we had our special burgers at last. We may stay in tonight and watch a movie.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.