Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Queen Victoria Market

USA | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 | Views [345]

Today was supposed to be a cleaning day. Kevin had made arrangements for the cleaning service to come in and do the apartment. They were supposed to be here at 10, but somehow there was a problem with scheduling and they didn’t show. We picked up and had the place ready. Since they couldn’t reschedule until Friday, Kevin decided to just wait until I leave to have the apartment cleaned.

Around 10:30 Joe and I headed out to Queen Victoria Market. We grabbed a tram that took us there, but the last few stops crowded as we were in the Central Business District. It turns out it is only 2 or 3 blocks from where Kevin works. We walked up and down the aisles looking at things. It is a very big market. Must be hundreds of vendors there. Many selling the same thing and lots of rows of vegetable and other food products.

We ended our journey there with lunch in the food court. I got a pizza, not very good, and Joe had a pulled pork sandwich, much better. There was a small alley way that had lots of graffati murals painted on them and in particular there was one of Trump.  I think it represents the collective opinion of our president elect that the Australians have.  From there we grabbed the tram to Flinders Station and walked across the bridge to Southgate. We stopped at the shop that sells meat pies and picked up a steak and a chicken pie.

We walked the 4 blocks home and took a nap before dinner. Joe warmed the pies up in the oven and they were very tasty. Kevin had one left over that his friend the chef Colin had made for him. We all had a nice dinner.

After dinner we finished watching the season 2 opening episode of Sense 8. We all liked the first one. I would recommend it as it is a very good SciFi program on Netflix.

Tomorrow is our day with Colin. Stop back and see how much fun we had.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.