Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Melbourne St. Kilda Bus Tour

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 17 December 2016 | Views [244]


When we got off the train from brunch today, Joe and I stayed near the Flinders Street station and Kevin took our gifts back to the apartment. We have a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour at 3:45. Joe and I waited for Kevin at the Visitor's Center. It is a very nice area that is next to a motion picture musuem and restaurants. We spent some time people watching and then went to a restaurant for a cold bottle of sparkling water.  There was also a Nepalese Festival or some kind of promotion going on.  It was very well attended with lots of dancing and people in cultural attire.  I would guess that there were a couple of thousand people there.

The bus tour lasted about an hour and 20 minutes. It was the St. Kilda tour and basically went around the central area of Melbourne. The tour wasn't as nice as we had been on in other cites as the archetecture wasn't as interesting. It was fun to see the city though and some of the more residential areas of town. It also went out to the port area. There's an amusement park there.  A large group of people had turned out for some soft of event.  There was a lot of loud music and youg people, so we guessed that it was some sort of music festival. By the time the tour ended we were ready to get off the bus.  We had taken seats in front on the upper deck. It got a bit windy and was chilly. I din't expect it to be this cold in the middle of summer. It was around 70 degrees.

When we finished the tour we went to Mandos, which is a fast food restaurant that specializes in Piri Piri chicken. We had an OK meal and then headed home. Kevin walked and Joe and I decided to take the tram. We were too sore from walking and didn't want to overdo it. Looks like we are going to have to get in shape a bit for the cruise.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.