Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Melbourne City Bus Tour

USA | Sunday, 18 December 2016 | Views [274]

Today is Sunday and we started out slow.  After showers and getting dressed we went to a restaurant called ‘Gas’.  Kevin decided to walk and Joe and I took the tram.  We got off close to the restaurant and while walking, I found a store that sold sandals.  I found one I liked, so I bought a pair.  We then went on to join Kevin.

The restaurant GAS,  is a Turkish fusion restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch things.  We met two other friends of Kevin’s, Nic and Digby.  Both very personable and easy to talk to.  They are also friends of Colin and Graeme’s.  They are going to come to the BBQ on the 7th.  You’ll have to wait till then to see photos because I forgot to take any of the restaurant, food or new friends.  We visited for quite a while and then headed out to the CBD (Central Business District).  Kevin again walked home, and took my sandals to drop off, and Joe and I rode the tram to the Federation Square where Kevin joined us a bit later.

We wanted to take the other Hop-on Hop-off tour as our ticket was good for 24 hours and we didn’t want to buy another one.  Like the one yesterday this one was OK, but not a great tour.  Not much interesting architecture. We did go by the zoo, but nothing we could see was interesting enough to photograph.  Kevin and Joe moved to the lower level due to the chilly wind.  After a bunch of rude girls got on, I too had to go downstairs because I couldn’t stand it on top.  Unfortunately we then drove by the most interesting buildings.  The Parliament, some churches and the University of Melbourne. I didn’t get any shots of them either, but I hope to when we get back from the cruise.

When we finished the tour, Kevin went home and Joe and I stopped for a beer at a bar on the river.  There are lots of restaurants along the river here.  We called Kevin and he joined us for a burger at Merrywell’s.  The food was good, but the service not so good.  I don’t think we’ll be back there.

 

When we finished we walked back to the apartment and decided to get a head start on laundry.  We were going to do it tomorrow, but decided to go to Costco ( I want to see if I can get a warranty replacement camera as my Panasonic’s zoom is not working well.)  We are also going to meet Kevin for lunch and since he is going to try to take the afternoon off, we also want to try to see the new Star War movie.  Hope we can do that because I want to see it. I’ll give a short review in tomorrow’s blog.  Check back then.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.