Existing Member?

John's Adventures

New Friends

USA | Saturday, 17 December 2016 | Views [197]

We met two new friends of Kevin's for brunch today.  Colin and Graeme.   Kevin calls Colin his Aussie Ambasador because he showed Kevin around Melbourne when he first arrived.

Colin had gotten a recomendation for the restaurant from a mate of his and it was the perfect place for a very nice brunch. It's called 15 LBS. When you look at the photos you'll see what I mean. We had to take the train to the restaurant, about a 15 minute train ride.

The outing was very pleasant and we talked like we all hand known each other for years.  Colin gave each of us a welcoming gift, I got a nice bottle of wine.  It's like he knows me well.  Joe and I got a few lessons on Aussie vocabulary and pronunciation. Graeme and Colin also invited us to a BBQ when we get back.  We are all looking forward to that weekend.  You'll have to check out the blog for January 7th.  Lunch was very laid back the the waiters didn't mind that we took a long time after the meal visiting.  We finally had to leave about 1:30 to catch the trian back.  

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.