Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Trip to Southern Melbourne Market

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 16 December 2016 | Views [292]

Brekke Bruschetta

Brekke Bruschetta

Joe and I took the tram, well actually it was two trams, to the market today.  We started the day with coffee and usual morning routines.  Kevin went to work around 7:15 and Joe and I left around 9:15.  We walked 3 blocks to the tram stop and got on for a mile ride up the line.  We had to transfer to another tram but that was a short ride.

We walked about 2 blocks to the Southern Melbourne Market.  The first order of business was breakfast.  Joe and Kevin had stopped at the Simply Spanish restaurant a few days ago and Joe said it was very good.  They got the 'Best Paella outside of Spain' award in 2016.  We had the 'Brekke Bruschetta' and it was very tasty.  We both commented on how Steven would have loved this dish.  It was a bit sad realizing that he should have been with us, but appreciating the travels we did have with him.

After breakfast we went inside the market in search of a hat for Joe and sandals for me.  We saw many food stops and they all looked very good.  I wish we had something like this in San Diego. Prices were very good and lots and lots for grocery shops.  We stopped at Rita's Coffee and Tea to get coffee.  I tried to buy one of their branded aprons for my friend Rita, but they didn't have them to sell.  We met Rita when we were trying to pick our selection of coffee.  She said she knew just what we would like and did a blend for us.  Turns out it is very good.  We talked to her for awhile and had an instant connection.  She acted like we were old friends, or going to be life long friends.  It was a fun visit.

We strolled down the rows and saw lots of food we are going to come back for.  We have too many plans before we leave for the cruise so shopping here again wlll have to wait.  Joe found the hat stall that he had seen on the last trip and managed to find a hat just like the one he lost.  Only 15 AU.  We looked around a bit more, but the one men's shoe stall didn't have any sandals.  Pity for me.

After shopping at the market we walked a block to Woolworth's, yes they still exist and bought some kitchen bags.  That necessaty done, we walked back to the tram stop and headed for home.  When we got back to the apartment, Joe made us some coffee because we just had to try our new Rita's Blend.

Joe headed to bed for a nap.  He is joining Kevin at his office Christmas party this evening.  Me, I am going to stay home and have a quiet evening and rest my tired feet.  It is going to take a few days to get broken in again.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.