Existing Member?

Gemma's World Teaching Journal My pictures and comments from my teaching experiences abroad.

My Day in Toronto

CANADA | Friday, 5 October 2007 | Views [887]

My day started out looking pretty gloomy.  I decided to head to the Hockey Hall of Fame once I got into town in the hope that the clouds which were completely obscuring the CN Tower may have lifted by the time I had been round the museum.  I learnt a little about ice hockey but really needed Greg there to explain it all and get enthusiastic about stuff. 

When I left there was still no sign of the tallest building in the world.  So I walked down to the harbour, by which point I was getting peckish and went and had the biggest Vegeburger and chips of my life! 

Then I decided to go on a boat tour and as the boat pulled out of the harbour the clouds started to lift and the sun came out - excellent timing!  So I had a lovely sunny 50 min cruise around the islands with great views of the harbour and that tower that I'd anticipated seeing so much! 

Once I'd finished on the boat tour I made a beeline for the CN Tower and headed on up to the observation deck, where I took in the views (unfortunately the clouds were still heavy over Lake Ontario so no views over to Niagara and the States today) but it was still stunning.  Being very British I had a cup of tea at this dizzying height and then queued up for the skypod - the highest you could go at 447m above the ground.  The views were again beautiful from up there and despite the clouds it seemed worth it after all.

I then went for a walk through Chinatown up to the Shoe Museum where I learnt all about the history of lovely shoes.  I had dinner in a brilliant place which was vegetarian and healthy and organic and stuff and so ended my time in Toronto.  I would like to come back and see more of Toronto - make that trip to Niagara Falls and see a bit more of Canada.

Mexico tomorrow!

Long way up

Long way up

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About gemma

My friend Elsa's house and me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.