Existing Member?

Gemma's World Teaching Journal My pictures and comments from my teaching experiences abroad.

Our Weekend in France

FRANCE | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [531]

When i went to visit Ed in Barcelona this time round, he'd booked a weekend away for us, just over the border in the mountains in France.  I was excited about going somewhere mountainous and snowy and having a nice weekend away - just as long as Ed didn't make me do any kind of winter sports!

We left on Saturday afternoon when he'd finished work.  We'd picked the hire car up the day before and were excited to finally get going.  We had abit of drama when Ed decided he didn't like the car, but were happy to be off on our little trip.  Of course we got a bit lost and took the wrong road and so our journey there was a bit longer than intended. The views were nice but i was getting impatient and just wanted to get there.  I was excited to drive through the mountains and see real snow though.

We finally arrived and it was cold and dark.  The room was lovely though and i was really pleased to finally be there.  We headed out for dinner and i had a big fat pizza which was delicious and we had dessert and coffee and everything so it felt like a real treat.  We had a rather late night with some wine but eventually fell asleep ready for our next day - the only full day of holiday!

I never fionished writing this one up - but we had a great time walking about in the mountains and the snow (although ed would've prefered to be snowboarding...) a little bit of sledging and a quick trip to Andorra on the way back to Barcelona.  Shame i didn't write up all the details but look at the photos instead.

 

About gemma

My friend Elsa's house and me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.