Existing Member?

Gemma's World Teaching Journal My pictures and comments from my teaching experiences abroad.

Media Luna

MEXICO | Tuesday, 26 February 2008 | Views [1532]

Just a quick note to acompany my photos of Media Luna.

I was invited to go to this pine forest/lake by one of my students and his friends.  We just went for the day as it's only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from San Luis Potosi - in fact it's still in SLP state and on the edge of the green, pretty area of mexico called La Huasteca, which is somewhere i definitely want to explore a bit more when i have the chance.

Media Luna is a little bit done up for tourists (but not too much) and a really popular place for mexican families at the weekends as you can swim in the lake (which was surprisingly warm - it was a hot day but still the water was so nice especially for such a deep lake!) and the rivers and have picnics or barbeques in the pine forest next to the lake.  You can even camp there in the forest. 

Despite having a bit of food poisoning from my dinner the night before, I enjoyed the day and it was really nice to get out of the city and be somewhere relaxing for a change!  It certainly made me keen to see more of this area of Mexico and not just the cities as Id been planning so far.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

About gemma

My friend Elsa's house and me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.