Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

On top of the world... In Barcelona

SPAIN | Monday, 30 April 2007 | Views [331]

Morgan, Katie and I woke up later and went to BK for lunch. We wanted to go to Park Guell because we heard it was amazing so we headed there after the BK. When you walk up to the park, it’s a little steep and doesn’t look like it will be much, but once you get to the top, the view is BEAUTIFUL. There is this big rock looking structure at the top of the hill and there are no bars or anything to get up to the top of the rocks, just very narrow steps so when we were climbing up there, it seemed like we were going to just fall straight down. We sat up there for a little while and it was definitely beautiful and amazing. It makes me wonder why I don’t live in a cooler place… I guess Ohio is ok sometimes though! After sitting at the top for awhile, we walked down a different way and found the Gaudi museum. We didn’t go inside, but the outside architecture was amazing. Gaudi had a huge effect on Barcelona and it was cool to see a museum/park dedicated and pretty much designed/design inspired by him. We ended up meeting the girls back at the hostel and heading to the airport to catch our flight to Bologna. When we got to Bologna, we took a cab to the train station and realized that the train station where we were was not the central station but the airport/station was actually an hour or so outside of Bologna. We were trying to find tickets to get to Firenze and some guy was like “OH Firenze, the train is leaving now for the central station!” So basically, we got on the train without tickets because we found policemen who said we could just buy them on the train. Katie and Morgan were trying to figure out how to tell the ticket man that the policemen said we could get on without tickets but LUCKILY the ticket man didn’t come so we just got off at the central station. Another LUCKILY that the train to Firenze was in ritardo because we didn’t have time to buy tickets for that either, we just ran on the train and about 30 seconds after we made it on, it started to leave. Another 45 seconds later, the ticket lady showed up and we had to buy tickets for 35 euro each. Not at all fun, but at least better than if we would have had a 300 euro fine or something! One thing is for sure, Barcelona = an expensive but FUN weekend!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.