Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Picasso Faces, Jazz Smoke and Catwalking

SPAIN | Saturday, 28 April 2007 | Views [331]

Today we woke up somewhat late and decided to go back to La Sagrada Familia and go inside. We ended up getting off the bus early and going to the Picasso museum. The museum was good but kind of a let down because none of his more amazing works, like cubism stuff, were in there. The Picasso museum provided fun for the rest of the day though because we kept making Picasso faces! After the museum, we went shopping for a little bit and I ended up buying 2 new dresses at a store called Bershka. We got separated after that and Morgan and I ended up eating at BK and then walking back to the hostel to get ready for dinner with Katie’s friend Anthony. We went to an Irish Pub for dinner where I had a really good Caesar salad. We had a few drinks at the bar and then went to a place called the Harlem Jazz Club. We saw an amazing band play. The entire atmosphere of the place was really cool. It was really smoky inside, but it was part of the jazz atmosphere. We decided to go to Port Olympic after the jazz club. Port Olympic was built basically for the Olympics in 1992 and it is a long stretch of clubs by the beach. You can walk up and down the clubs and there are people outside working for the clubs giving people free shots to get them to come into the club. We saw the soccer boys, but they were acting like frat boys getting high, drunk and going crazy. Morgan, Alexia, Katie and I decided to go with Anthony to a club called Catwalk that isn’t on Port Olympic but close by so we could dance to some good hip hop music. Catwalk was expensive but definitely a lot of fun. We ended up staying out until 6 AM but it was a great time!

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.