Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Wine and Walking

SPAIN | Friday, 27 April 2007 | Views [363]

Today we went to the Chocolate Museum. It was amazing! They had all these really cool sculptures made out of chocolate. About halfway through the museum, there was an insanely overpowering smell of chocolate and all we wanted to do was eat it. I finished my milk chocolate bar (nothing like Hershey’s) in about 10 seconds. After the chocolate museum, we had lunch (French fries and hot dogs!) and then went to buy tickets for the double-decker tourist buses. Barcelona is a beautiful city. Gaudi had a huge impact on the city, so there is amazing architecture everywhere. We rode the bus all around the city and got off at La Sagrada Familia, which is a huge amazing church. After riding the bus back around the whole city to get back to the hostel, we got ready and headed to dinner at the soccer guy’s apartment. We ended up having to take a cab, but definitely worth it. All the guys (there were 11) were really nice when we got there. They had a zillion bottles of wine and had this fun tradition of CHUGGING WINE. Dinner was great too (pasta, of course, Italians what else?) and it was so much fun getting to know the guys. I still remember all their names too; Patrone, Emilio, Alberto, Jacopo, 3 Marcos, Guido, Ramiro, William, and Carlo. I’m still pretty proud I can remember that! After dinner, we tried to teach the guys how to play flip cup! It was the most complicated thing ever to explain in a combination of Italian and English. Their neighbors knocked on the door though and told us to be quiet so we decided to just go to a bar. Jacopo had studied in Barcelona for a year so he knew some cool places to go. By the time we left though, everyone was getting pretty drunk so all I really remember is walking around a lot and getting to know the guys more. Katie liked one of the Marcos so she was talking to him the whole night and I was just making friends with everyone, as was everyone else. One of the guys Patrone kept telling me I was breaking his heart and proposed to me twice in the middle of 2 different squares. It was really funny because he would get down on one knee and everything. After the last time, he held his arms out for me to jump into them and apparently, that was when we got married. So… I’m technically married and Katie is getting married to Marco on June 7th. All in all, the night was a fabulous success.

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.