Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Back to the road

SPAIN | Thursday, 26 April 2007 | Views [377]

After school, we went to the Academia gallery to see the real David statue. It was pretty amazing to see the real thing that Michelangelo actually made. Other than the David statue though, there wasn’t really much else there. After we were done, we headed for the train station to get the train to Pisa. We finally made it to the airport in Pisa with plenty of time to catch our flight. The airline we flew on has open seating planes so it was kind of a mad rush to get in line to get on the plane. When we finally got on, we were sitting near a soccer team from Florence. The plane was delayed by around 2 hours, so we were basically just sitting there making friends for a long time. Something was wrong with the engine and it was kind of scary when they told us that and wouldn’t get us off the plane and everything. But we finally took off and made it to BARCELONA. The soccer guys were really nice and when we were getting off the plane, they invited us to their apartment for dinner the next day. Since we got in so late, we had to take a taxi to our hostel for 150 EUROS! It was crazy, but we didn’t really have any other choice. The airport we flew into was like 1 hour outside of the city. We got to the hostel around 3 and the guy who was at the desk was this younger guy who was so high. We just thought it was funny because it was so unexpected. We had to pay for the rest of it with our credit cards and he charged mine first and when he was doing that, I got scared because I had no idea what I was going to be charged. Luckily, he got it right and I wasn’t charged like 9,000 euros or something.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.