Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Budweiser and Ranch Dressing

ITALY | Thursday, 5 April 2007 | Views [939]

Today we were going to go to Milan after school but we decided to go tomorrow. After school, we just walked toward the city to look for the place to sign up for cooking classes. Alexia and Kristi decided they were the only ones who were going to take the class, so Morgan, Katie, Crystal and I decided we would probably go to Tijuana, which is a Mexican restaurant that Javier told me about the first night here, for some margaritas and quesadillas! Happy hour was from 7-8 and we found another place that is from 8:30-9:00. However, our plans changed when we got lazy and sat around until 8. We decided to go to Red Garter/House of Sizzle for their happy hour from 8:30-9:30. We stopped at the internet point before going there and met Kristi and Alexia there. We all decided to head over together and when we were at the end of the Ponte Vecchio on our side, an old man came up and started talking to us! I thought he was kind of creepy but he talked to us forever and wanted to know our names and where we were from (Californiaaa! Bella!) He even asked us where we lived and Kristi started to tell him the street and Katie and I were thinking oh goodness, let’s just write it down for him. He may have been a perfectly nice old man, but I thought he was creepy! When we finally got rid of him, we went and sat down at House of Sizzle, which is a restaurant that is attached to Red Garter (the bar). They had Budweiser! We were slightly excited for it and I also got a chicken sandwich that was really, really good. Best part = ranch dressing! It will probably be my new favorite restaurant. American beer and ranch dressing, how can anything compare? The best part of the night was Katie’s two liter pitcher of Heineken that she finished on her own. Needless to say, but I will say it, she was slightly drunky after that! The guy who runs the House of Sizzle (Francesco) is really funny too, he was talking about how all our pitchers were making him thirsty and we told him to get us Bud Light from the supermarket and we’d basically pay him to drink with us! He was originally from Nottingham, England so he spoke English very well. What a great night though, discovering ranch dressing in Italy!

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.