Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Free Champagne, Beer Pong and Grilled Cheese

ITALY | Friday, 6 April 2007 | Views [448]

Today I woke up around 11:45 and had breakfast. We decided to just lay around all day so that we would feel like going out at night. Morgan and I went to the internet café for about an hour around 2 and then we all met Chiara at Palazzo Pitti around 4. The palace is amazing and beautiful inside. We’re going to go back (and maybe we’ll sneak and take some pictures!) Kristi took a great picture of me yawning with the tour guide talking about something. We also went out to Boboli Gardens which were really pretty but we were so tired that we were just dragging. The cutest thing we saw at the gardens in the amphitheatre were these two cats. One was just sitting there and the other one walked toward it and sat down in front of it. We’re pretty sure they were lovers or about to be lovers! We saw the moment, they fell in love, how darling! After the gardens, we came home and made some dinner before we started drinking. We decided to go to Dolce Zucchero. When we got there, it was really weird because there was not really any music and it kind of sucked. We decided to leave after one drink and some guy came up to me while we were outside and asked if we wanted free champagne! We went into this VIP place (that’s what it looked like!) and sat down on our couch while some guy brought us our free champagne (it was AMAZING!) We went out and started dancing when they finally played good music but after the free champagne we decided to just leave. We went outside and Morgan wanted to get gelato since she could eat it for Lent. We went to a gelato place around the corner. I wanted to go back and get free champagne so I just took off and went back to the place to ask the guy if we could get more and he asked me where my friends were so I told him if he could get us champagne, they would come. He disappeared while I made friends with Mr. America and then I called Crystal to tell them about the free champagne. We decided to just go to Lochness and meet Nick and his friends. After we got there, we had some drinks and played foosball. We didn’t stay too long, but we decided to go back to Nick and Javier’s apartment and play beer pong. Nick and his friends had already left so Javier walked us about 7 miles to get there. It was the longest walk of our lives! We finally got there, and all of us girls were glad that our apartment is a lot nicer…and cleaner! We played a few games of beer pong, but it felt like we were there forever until we decided to leave. We tried to call a taxi, but since it was 5:30 in the morning, we didn’t have too much luck. Nick and Matt said they would walk us to Ponte Vecchio, so we decided to just do that. The walk home wasn’t as long as the walk there, but it was still REALLY long! We came home and Morgan and I made the best grilled cheeses of our lives. It was a fun night, but extremely late! We made up for not going out all those other nights!

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.