Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Hong Kong, Saturday 4 August

HONG KONG | Saturday, 4 August 2018 | Views [209]

Harry Butler in the wild at Stanley

Harry Butler in the wild at Stanley

The hotel kindly offered us our room till 2pm so we took the small 16 seater town bus to Stanley.  They have some nice markets out there with some good stuff but sadly no food.  I find the food markets interesting over here (albeit smelly).  The bus ride required you to hang on (no stnaidng passengers allowed) as it took us across the island and then around the coast to peninsula.  Some of the building works along the way looked a little challenging.  There was one building of about 40 storeys that had bamboo scaffolding all the way up it – and if it was like the ones we saw in town, it would have been held with hay band….  You would not get me on that!   Wandered around the market and beach front before heading back, packing and saying our goodbyes to Hong Kong.  The airport was moved about 20 years ago when at that time it was one of the most challenging airports to land at as you had to fly between the skyscrapers – Ian tells me it was graded Captain only to land.  Off on Cathay Pacific to Sydney. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.