Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Porto, Saturday 21 July

PORTUGAL | Saturday, 21 July 2018 | Views [301]

Ian and Michael

Ian and Michael

Up at sparrows and off to the Airport. Enjoyed out little unit.  On the first floor we were able to stand on the balcony and watch the world go by below and no one ever looked up, so it was like you were watching a drama of sorts.  We were met by Carole at Gatwick – it was great to see her.  She escorted us back to her place where we settled in before donning our “Bartram” t-shirts (Carole too 😊 -we made her an honorary Australian for the day) and headed off to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which was hours away.  Met up with Ann, Michael and the rest of the crowd at the grounds.  Saw two matches – the first being USA v Ireland.  It was a good match with Ireland taking the honours.  And then Australia took on Japan.  Jocie did not get to take the field and we have been told that she probably won’t which is a bit sad.  She was pleased to see us, and the hockey was good – even better that we ended up winning 3-2.  Our seats were great, and we were vocal supporters: 😊.  On the way out, the official photographers got a shot of some of our group – apparently, we will be in the Australian highlights!  Trundled back to Streatham Hill.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.