Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Lisbon, Saturday 14 July

PORTUGAL | Saturday, 14 July 2018 | Views [239]

What a great meal

What a great meal

Another good tour – this time a walking one although it did start with a ride on the number 28 tram which is iconic to Lisbon.  The trams here are nearly all old as the newer trams cannot negotiate the narrow streets and tight corners.  Fun to go on and we saw the problem first hand as we squeezed past cars and round corners. Then our guide Nuno took us for a four hour walk that covered high vantage points, visiting churches, winding through the streets of the old town, visiting the flea markets and more.  He was a wealth of information about the city, its origins and history as well as the reason it exists in its current form.  By the end of the walk our brains were full.  We found a cute little restaurant where we finally tried sardines. In fact, our meal was sardines (Ian says the equivalent is pilchards at home), octopus, scampi, mackerel, potatoes and salad.  Great meal but what we got excited about was the broccoli on the plate.  Then wandered a little more through the old town before giving up for the day (our feet said no 😊).  Checked out the mojitos again and had a quiet night in updating the diaries.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.