Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

Dover-Carlisle-Scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [959]

Took the ferry from Callais to Dover not a bad ferry ride. Stayed overnight in a B/B then caught the train to Carlisle my birth town.We have changed our route a bit as we wanted to catch up with my neice Fay before she returned to Australia.We will go back down through England after we have finished in Scotland.

Carlisle I dragged Peter around my old houses and school and park where I used to play.Apart from everything aging...including me I know...there were a few changes but I found my way around even after 40 years away.

We went around Carlisle Castle which has opened up more of its buildings to the public since I was last there.

Left Carlisle and headed for Edinburgh thank goodness for these hop on/off buses you get to see so much more when you only have a short time.

We went to Edinburgh Castle   www.edinburghcastle.gov.uk worth a quick look. Also went on board the the Royal Yacht Britannia which is now resting in Edinburgh   www.royalyachtbritannia.co.uk it was a lot smaller than we imagined and no where near as oppulant apart from the dining room and that was wonderful.

We are now in Ballater where we are in a cottage for a week of home cooking and rest and relaxation  The cottage is really cosy comfortable and clean,with a great fire which once again we need as it is pretty cold.www.cornerhouse-properties.com

more will follow...

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.