Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

Bordeaux

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [414]

On the train from Madrid we went through the Pyrenees where the snow was really coming down and outside was really deep in snow...very pretty from the comfort of a warm carriage.

Bordeaux is beautiful the promande runs along side the River Garonne for miles and all the buildings that were once the warfs are now shops and restaurants.

This is another really easy town to get around....Melbourne could learn a lot from the European public transport system.

We visited Saint Pierre,Saint Michael and Saint Jean which are all very litttle village interlinkled by cobbled stoned streets.

The church of Saint Pierre dated back to the fourteenth centuary and was built on the site of an old Gallo-Roman Port. The name comes from the Apostle peter who was the patron saint of fishermen and sailors...maybe thats why Peter likes his fishing!!

Bordeaux was bitterly cold with ice and snow so it is another spot we have added to our must see again list in the warmer weather.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.