Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

Madrid Salamanca

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [397]

Arrived in Salamanca Madrid where we were booked into the Salamanca Hostel, which obviously was one of the huge old beautiful apparments with the huge lobby and old style gated lift. Now it has four ensuite hostel rooms on each floor. Amazing shower complete with spa jets and radio!

Madrid is another really easy town to get around either by foot or public transport.

Some of the buildings date back to 693 and if Franco didn't blow them up are still standing or rebuilt.

Of course there is the Palace and one of the most beautiful Catherdals next door to the Palace.

Took the cable car over Madrid which gave us a good view over a huge park and the city.

The town was celebrating Three Kings Day which is their Christmas Day. There was a big festival happening with street stall and street pupperters,live bands and even a Mickey mouse...not sure what mickey has to do with it all. People were singing and dancing in the streets.A truly great day.

The police spent their time rounding up the illegal street vendors mainly Africans  with no passports.

The central square was lit up with a magnificant Christmas tree full of colour. At night time the streets are packed with families out walking or dining,europeans are so family orientated and friendly. Madrid was really a vibrant place we loved it.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.