Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

Granada

SPAIN | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [420]

This story has been kindly donated by Peter.

Having spent a memorable Spanish Xmas and Boxing Day we went to Granda about 2 1/2 hours from Palaces.The journey took us through the high plains area and into marble and granite quarring areas.our first real sighting of snow on the Sierra Nevada. Arriving mid afternoon we took the Granada City bus tour,taking us to the usual Catherdals,Museums and bull ring sites. The city avenues and Spanish architecture were impressive.That evening we enjoyed a meal and sing a long with The Granada University Spanish band.

The following day we visited Alambra palace which is the worlds most complete Moorish Castle and fort.Amazing Arabic arcitecture,bulidings ,gardens and courts. records dating back to 1260 but evidence that the Romans occupied the site back prior to 600.

New years Eve we had lunch at an excellant Spanish restaurant Juan Marino in Vera. We had a quite evening.

News Day Dianne and I wandered ariund the village of Palaces wishing the locals a Happy New Year.The spanish really know how to party and were still celebrating well into New Years Day.

Bus from Vera to Madrid as this was inland it was a very different from the costal trip from Barcelona to Vera. Huge grain growing region similar to grain areas in Australia,flat and not many trees. the Spanish have achieved a lot with enegy coservation in that there are large wind farms in the region and acres of solar panels.

thanks Pete

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.