Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Graduation Cruise Day 2

BAHAMAS | Wednesday, 6 December 2017 | Views [705]

The second day of the cruise hit the port of Princess Cay, which is on the island of Eluthera in the Bahamas.  I was doing an shore excursion which took us to some spots on the island.

After breakfast of many pieces of salmon and whitfish on a bagel, I met in the Theatre for the excursion. After about 20 minutes waiting, the group of 60 or so of us we're escorted on the tender to the island, where we walked past the spit of sand, to buses waiting.

We got on the bus, and met Colleen our tour guide, who told us not to get Kakalou (or something like that)-and meant drunk. We drove past miles and miles of fields, and past what I Remember about other Bahamas islands, houses which look either half abandoned or wrecked. Finally we arrived at a Primary school, in one town, where the students sang some songs, including Church songs I have never heard. They also sang some Christmas Caroles, and the pledge to the Bahamian flag. We then went to a salt water pond, or lakehole, we snapped pictures.

Then we went the South Eluthera administrative offices, and then a resturant where we learned how to make conch salad, and dance the Junkanoo dance with cowbells, drums, etc.

After having a beer we drove the 40 minutes back to Princess Cays on the Southern end of the island. I had lunch of barbecue of potatoes and corn, and walked around taking pictures. Princess Cay is a private split of land, and is nice.

 

 

Travel Answers about Bahamas

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.