Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Eat Walk Eat

INDONESIA | Friday, 8 January 2016 | Views [579]

Yesterday was pretty much a lazy day, but I started out with a yoga class just a few doors down from the hostel. Ubud has been known as a spiritual center since the days when it was founded, so yoga classes here are sought after, and they aren't very expensive.

 

The class was an hour and a half long, and was very crowded. The Balinese style studio with wooden beam roof was at the top of a 3 story building, and the instructor was obviously not what I was used to at LA Fitness. He was very flexible, and would sing prayers in Indonesian as the yoga went on. The exercises themselves weren't any more difficult then I had in the gym, although at 1 1/2 hours the class was longer then I was used to.

 

After class, I went back to the hostel to eat breakfast (a tropical fruit and an orange I bought the day before from a vendor),  and was pretty lazy the rest of the day. I took a long walk down into the center of Ubud, where I went to a market selling souvenirs and had  lunch at a place I ate the other day. ($2.00 buys a plate of tofu sate, which is tofu on a stick).  I then walked to a bookstore I went to yesterday, and had another lunch-a tofu pot pie at a vegetarian restaurant that was recommended. I also passed by the faith healer who was supposedly in the book and movie of Eat Pray Love. (An article was placed on the sign, written about a client,  saying how the faith healer was untouched by the fame of the  book/movie, but the sign for his business said  "Eat Pray Love" in big letters). I have never seen the movie or read the book, so I can only assume he was in both.

 

I then walked back to the hostel, and went swimming in the pool. I don't really like swimming, but a friend met here kept asking when I would go swimming. So I did it for a while, and then spent some time on the computer making future travel plans. 

 

The sun went down and after a few hours I went out for pizza, and then went back to bed.  

Tags: bali, indonesia, ubud

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.