Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Last Relaxing Sofia Day

BULGARIA | Friday, 2 October 2015 | Views [479]

I always like to make my final day in a large city a relaxing one. Rather then walking tours, museums, etc- (which I have already done), I like to  just relax, and maybe look at the sights one last time. And that is exactly what yesterday was. After once again indulging in hostel's all-you-can eat buffet,  I walked out of the hostel and witnessed mostly blue skies-for the first time since I have been here in the city.  I took a walk to the market, where folks sell fruit and veggies, including heart-shaped peppers that are indigenous to Bulgaria.  There are also thrift stores that sell used clothing, used electronics, and other things.

 

It was soon lunch time, and I found the soup place we visited the day before on the food tour. The place wasn't easy to find-as although I visited the Balkan Bites website (organizer of the food tour), and there was a link-there was no webpage-just a Facebook page, where I couldn't find the address. The way I eventually found the place was looking at a picture of the soup place on their Facebook page-the sign for an art gallery next door was visible, and I went to the art gallery's website which had the address.

 

The soup was good-I had lentil and sat on the second floor watching over the street.

 

I then took a further walk by some bookstores which was nice-and I  looked at the books, and went back to the hostel for a nap. 

 

In the evening, I went back out, looking at some of the churches and monuments after dark, getting a haircut (which was $1.20-i left a 100% tip), having pizza, and going back to the hostel at around 9:00-where I sat in the common area and read.

Tags: bulgaria, sofia

 

 

Travel Answers about Bulgaria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.