Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Belgium on the World's Greatest Airline

BELGIUM | Wednesday, 17 June 2015 | Views [504]

Yesterday I flew to Brussels on The world's greatest airline-Ryanair.  And I truly believe this. Ryanair is not a luxury airline-they are known for charging the lowest fares and charging for everything.

When making the reservation-after reserving the fare, you are asked if you want to pick a seat, and then for travel insurance. You can't just check off a box that says no-you have to select your country of residence for purchasing insurance, and under the "d's", a selection exists called "don't insure me". Then you have to go through pages of other sales opportunities like rental cars, airport transfers, before receiving your confirmation #.

When doing the online checkin-where passport #, residency is required-again, you don't just put in your passport # and hit print. Pages of other sales opportunities-like rental cars, airport transfers,etc.

In US airports, discount carriers are usually side by side with other airlines. In Europe, many times there is a special terminal for discount carriers like Ryanair-one that looks more like a warehouse-and no jet bridges either-you have to walk outside and onto the moving stairs that take you to the plane.

One onboard, the plane is basic-no seatback pockets-the safety instructions are pasted onto the seatback, and everything is sold-including 

(1) Food and drinks

(2) duty free items

(3) Sightseeing tours in the city

(4) In addition to duty free items, the flight attendents highlight a product-of-the-day, in this case CK cologne/perfume, which they gave a description of and went through the cabin spraying little samples about on interested people.

Awesome stuff! Beats a bad  inflight movie anyday!

 

 

Tags: brussels, europe, ryanair

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.