Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Down Boy-the Sequel

SPAIN | Sunday, 7 June 2015 | Views [473]

I returned to the hostel at about  1:15 last night-I was tired and looking forward to going to bed. My only concern is there used to be a top blanket which now was missing. I have no idea where it went-not that I needed it-again it is in the 90's and there is no A/C.

At approximately 4:00 am, I was up and tried to get down to use the bathroom, (the person who is in the bottom bunk wasn't there, which I didn't know, and you will see why this is relevant in a moment).  

I stepped down on the top rung of the bunk bed, and this time I didn't merely fall down-the whole double bunk bed toppled over and fell on me. All the crap, both from the bunk and the other guy's, went flying to the floor. Without the weight of the guy on the lower bunk, the bed was top-heavy with only my weight on the top of the ladder. I was pinned by the bunkbed. The bed itself wasn't heavy, so I wasn't hurt, but I had to lift the bunkbed back up, and figure which stuff was his and which was mine.

I didn't get much sleep from that point on-but tonight I am checking into a hotel (I made that decision a few days ago).

 

Tags: hostel, madrid

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.