Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Not a manic Monday

PORTUGAL | Tuesday, 2 June 2015 | Views [494]

Today was sort of a blah day. I had plans to go to a few musuems, but the ones I had plans to go to we're closed since they are closed on Mondays.

I did go to a transit museum, which was interesting because I am interested in trains, trams and other forms of transit. This was detailed. They even had instruments, such as a drum and saxaphone from the transit company band. I am not THAT interested.

Other then that, I checked out the finicular, which I spelled wrong I am sure, but that is a cable car that goes up and down steep streets/allies, and wandered around.

Two interesting meetings today, though, which added a little spice:

Near a few of the museums I wanted to go to but we're closed,  I ran into some old friends: Ms Jackie from That Seventies Show with the british accent, and her heavy sounds-like-Minnie-Driver-from-Good-Will-Hunting friend, whom I was sitting next to on the airplane coming over here. I actually think they saw me first but tried to avoid me.  

While enjoying some late night tapas and wine, (see I am cool-I enjoy late night tapas and wine), I was also talking to people from Bergen County, New Jersey. I heard them speak-and of course, with their accent I knew they weren't from Minnesota. They are spending a few days here after being on a Oceania cruise. (I think it's Oceania, or something like that).

I don't particulary search out Americans, but truth be told, here in Lisbon it has been a little lonely. I am in a regular hotel, so the people here aren't that friendly, and I haven't been in any Pub crawls/comedy walks, etc-so after a while it is nice to meet people-even if they are just the ones from the airplane.

 

 

Tags: lisbon

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.