Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Missin The Hostel

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [490]

I spent a quick night in London in a hotel. As you probably know by now, if I am staying at a Marriott, Hilton, etc, it is by accident. I can't afford those places so mine are much more economincal. (plus the UK is expensive period).  And after a night in the hotel-I miss the hostel. What???? A  few days ago you we're crying for mommie you might be saying.

I will explain what I don't miss about the hostel first, (a) needing to keep my luggage in my bed (b) wearing pants etc to the bathroom, and having to change in the stahl, shower or my bed because both rooms/bathrooms are co-ed (c) having to carry my big backpack all over town, because my camera, notebook computer, and passport are all it in, which is starting to hurt my back.

What can I possibly miss, then?  Well here in  the hotel lots of people are gathered in the lobby. Happy Hour? nope. Catch a Football Game on TV? Nope. 

Because in this old hotel-Wifi is only available in the lobby. And nobody is talking to each other. They are just on their electronic devices.  In the hostel, they we're laughing, comparing notes, etc. And that was nice (and yes, I Tried talking to someone here)

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.