Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

The Beatles

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [344]

I am now in Liverpool, which is very different then Manchester. Manchester is a busy bustling city-with people rushning to go to to work, and seemingly few tourists. Liverpool, while a bigger city then I imagined, seems to have a lot of tourists. Yesterday, when I Got to the hotel-(I walked from the train station, got lost-and it took a while to find it), the room wasn't ready to check into, (actually, the desk clerk informed me he thought the room was clean-but when I got there it not only wasn't clean-there was a woman in it who hadn't checked out). The clerk was cool about it. Anyway, I went to the shorefront and to the Beatles exhibit.

I am not the biggest Beatles fan in the world. I like some songs, like Let It Be and The Long and Winding Road, but most songs I don't like nor dislike.  The Beatles exhibit, which  shows where the band grew up, went to school, etc was a little too much for me. Not to mention the museum was crowded. The Royal Princess was docked in town, and crowds from the ship we're engulfing the museum.  I can't be too critical of a ship (or guests of the ship) that is owned by the same company that provided employment for nearly 11 years and has helped provide me with the means for this trip-but it was way different then the museums in Manchester, where it was me allowing me to ponder the exhibits alone,  with just a few others (or ocasionally groups of schoolchildren) wandering around.  Plus some stuff in the Beatles exhibit was somewhat ah...corny. Like looking out the portholes of a Yellow Submarine-I don't think there was an actual Yellow Submarine.

Later I walked around and found a beautiful old church.

Tags: beatles, yellow submarine

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.