Existing Member?

Carry on Trekking

South Island Travels

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 26 September 2008 | Views [369] | Comments [1]

We're in Queenstown now - the adrenalin capital of NZ. We went jetboating this morning, it is great fun - racing around and doing 360s was really cool and definetely to be recommended. Dave's persuaded me to go rafting tomorrow, slightly scary but you have to feel the fear and do it anyway! There is no way I'm doing a bungy jump though, that really would be nuts.

We've been on the road a lot up to now exploring. Some of the highlights have been seeing the tiny blue penguins, rare yellow eyed penguins and fur seals out in the wild. The blue penguins were so cute as they raced onshore, clambouring over the rocks.

Dunedin was the place for chocolate and beer. A tour around the Cadbury's factory with lots of free tasting was followed by a tour around the Speight's Brewery. The Kiwis have the right idea on the beer tour as at the end they take you into a bar and let you sample their products as much as you like for 30 minutes. I can now pull a beer quite well and Dave has a new favourite beer.

We head to the West Coast next - famous for being rainy, 8 metres a year on average...

Sarah

x

Comments

1

We never did make it rafting - it was snowed off! Freak snowstorm stopped play but by the afternoon it was blue skies. NZ 4 seasons in a day.

  dave_sarah Sep 27, 2008 8:33 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.