Existing Member?

Carry on Trekking

Nearly a statistic

ARGENTINA | Friday, 9 May 2008 | Views [1207] | Comments [1]

Since everything has been going so well it was about time something dodgy happened...

We were wondering around the Palermo Parks in Buenos Aires, a tourist attraction so we weren´t taking any risks (just to reassure you Mum), looking for the Japenese Garden (never did find it). A couple started walking behind us so we´d decided to cross the road when all of a sudden a ´bird´ pooped on us. Amazingly, the couple had water and napkins and insisted on trying to help us clean the ´poop´ off. Now I don´t know much about birds but I didn´t think their poop was bright green and stank of vinegar. Being savvy we held on tight to our valuables (they had been fumbling round Dave´s wallet), thanked them politely and walked away to find a bathroom.

The couple weren´t very clever criminals. Everything was just too convenient, and they didn´t even carry on walking in the same direction after their ´attempt´ which just made them look guilty. They also needed to do something about that smell of vinegar.

Just to reassure again, nothing was stolen and no harm came to us, apart from the fact that our freshly laundered clothes now had bright green splotches and stank of vinegar.

Comments

1

Be careful you two!! you never know what vinegar can do lol. Have a great birthday Dave, nearly as old as me now, you will catch up soon
loads of love
deb, nik and soph
carry on enjying yourselves!!!

  deb Jun 10, 2008 6:54 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.